Giants Ridge Golf: reasonable, exceptional, welcoming
If you haven’t experienced The Quarry or The Legend at Giants Ridge, Minnesota, take some time to consider a golf getaway like you’ve never had before! Surrounded by the rolling hills of the Superior National Forest, the courses overlook lakes and an old rock quarry. In this pristine setting it would only be proper for the fairways and greens to be perfect.
The fees are reasonable, the service exceptional, and the hospitality is welcoming. It is little wonder Giants Ridge is the one the top golf destinations in the Midwest. And Giants Ridge is considered to be one of the top golf resorts in all of North America.
The Resort boasts 2 courses, both designed by Jeffrey D. Brauer. The “Best of” lists litter the resumes of these 2 great courses. Bauer considers these courses to be among his best work. He utilized nature in the design of the Legend. The Quarry is man-made. You get two top-notch golf vacations packages wrapped up in one resort.
Accolades for The Legend
- 2009, Golf Digest called Giants Ridge Golf and Ski Resort one of North America’s top golf resorts. Giants Ridge ranked 46; only 75 resorts are given this honor.
- 2005, Golf for Women magazine called Giants Ridge one of the Top Five Mountain Resorts.
- 2003 Golf World called it one of the top six destinations worldwide.
- Five years in a row the Legend was given a 4.5 star rating by Golf Digest.
- Ranked #59 among America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf courses.
- 1999, the course was called the Top Public Course in Minnesota.
- Golf Digest 2007-2008 ranked it #5 of Minnesota’s Public Courses.
- Most recently Golf Digest gave the Legend two more accolades– No. 3 Public Golf Course in Minnesota; 72nd Best Public Course in the Nation.
Accolades for the Quarry
- Golf Digest named it No 1 public course in Minnesota.
- Golf Digest named it 20th best public course in the country.
- Golf Week called it No 2 public course in Minnesota.
- Earns 4.5 star rating by Golf Digest every year since 2004.
- Ranked #19 among America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf courses.
- Golf Digest 2007-2008 ranked it #1 Public Course in Minnesota.
- Golfweek, 2008, ranked it #1 course in Minnesota.
- Golf Magazine, 2006, ranked it #56 in the country.
As recently as 2009, the accolades continue. Golf Digest called Giants Ridge one of North America’s top golf resorts. In 2005, Golf for Women called Giants Ridge a Top Five Mountain Resort.
What are the Green Fees?
Golf at Giants Ridge is extremely affordable. In the spring and fall season it is $62. In prime season it ranges from $82-89. And there are special “twilight” rates of $60.
Giants Ridge Golf Weather
Summers in this part of Minnesota are quite pleasant with temperatures averaging in the 70′s. Temperatures drop into 40′s at night.
Giants Ridge is worth the trip. You’ll enjoy pleasant weather, gorgeous golf courses and cheap Giants Ridge golf. What more could you ask for?
It would be fair to say the Legend and the Quarry at Giants Ridge Golf and Ski Resort should be put on the same map as the nation’s best resorts– Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach, Sandestin, and Pinehurst.
When you play Giants Ridge you play on one of the best.